Thursday, October 17, 2013

Big door!

Well....

We did it! (Okay, Travis, my brother-in-law and father-in-law did it)

We have a new door!


I wrote a while ago about the door. (Check it out here)

Travis' family came down a few weeks ago to help install it (it is HEAVY!). Okay...actually, like I said, brother-in-law and father-in-law helped install it, while sister-in-law, mother-in-law, my mom and I went baby registering. 

I LOVE the door! Before we put it in, I was thinking we'd want a curtain or blinds on it, but now I don't want to, I think it's great as is! 

There's still a few things to do- the hardware it came with is brushed nickel, but we decided to go with bronze fixtures throughout the house. So only the knob is bronze now. We also need to finish the trim. 

We are really happy with it. It's easy to open (unlike the last one!), easy to let the dog out, we can see the pretty backyard autumn leaves, but it doesn't feel "exposed."  Hurray new door!

1 comment:

  1. My mom and step-dad have the same door and I LOVE it! Looks great in your place too!

    ReplyDelete